Download the New Zealand Red Cross’ Hazards
Make sure General Notifcations are turned on so WREMO can notify you during a life-threatening emergency. WREMO will send alerts only when personal safety is at risk. Adjust the other notifications to receive only what you want. Remember, this is the Wellington region and you probably won’t want to be notified about every wind warning.
When you get an alert
Follow the advice and share the information on social media or by text with the people you care about.
More information on the Hazards app
More information on how to download and use the Red Cross Hazards App is available:
How to sign up for alerts
Good sources for information during an earthquake are:
- WREMO's emergency website
- Like WREMO’s Facebook page
- Follow WREMO’s Twitter feed
- Visit your local council website and their social media
- Listen to Radio New Zealand and local stations
While you are here
- Find your local Community Emergency Hub and check out your area’s Community Response Plan developed by locals like you.
Community Emergency Hubs
See if the areas where you live, work, and play are in a tsunami evacuation zone
Tsunami Evacuation Zone Map
- Check out wremo.nz website.
This is where you will go for credible information in an emergency.
- Find out what preparedness activities are happening near you
See our calendar of events
- Read our quarterly newsletter to hear the latest news